At Pasadena, we use Hero for real-time reporting.
Real-time reporting involves using digital technology to help connect parents and whānau with their children in more timely and on-demand ways. It focuses on student successes as well as explaining next steps in a regular and up-to-date manner. Students have an active role in the process where posting and reflecting on their learning is integrated into classroom programmes.
What will I be able to view each term?
- Real-time reporting posts in Reading/Pānui, Writing/Tuhituhi, Maths/Pāngarau and the students current Specialist area e.g. Art, Technology, Food and Nutrition or the Performing Arts
- Samples of student work/evidence, student comments, teacher comments as well as next learning steps
- A Unit of Inquiry (Science/Social Sciences) and Physical Education and Health posts
In addition to this, at the end of Term 2 and Term 4 you will also be able to view:
- Achievement measured Against End Of Year Curriculum Expectations in Reading/Pānui, Writing/Tuhituhi and Maths/Pāngarau
- NZ Curriculum Levels for Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Social Science, Science, Health, PE, and Specialist subjects completed
- A General comment written by the teacher
- A list of extra-curricular activities your child has been involved in
- Attendance data
How will I know when there is a new post for my child?
Each time a post is available for you to view/comment on, you will receive a notification via the Hero mobile app (if you are logged in) or via an email if you log into Hero via web browser. We highly encourage parents/caregivers to interact with posts by writing a comment! You can do this by clicking on ‘write a comment’ under the specific post.
How do I get started?
To begin your Hero journey with us, please download the Hero by LINC-ED app from the app store or alternatively open your browser and enter go.linc-ed.com and enter in your email address – to login, you will need to enter the email address you used when enrolling your child at Pasadena